Thursday, October 04, 2007

at a cafe

I just brought my own cup half full of oil free half and half, payed a buck, left a bud as a tip, got a dose of med. roast Coffee and sat down.
I had to go back and ask the barista if " no food on the computers meant coffee too, he didn't care.
I looked at the coffee as I checked my email, it wasn't until I was done that I had the bravory to try it.
It could mean hours of agony if my body can't handle it or it can be another nice date with an old friend.
I took some precaution, I drank lots of water before I went and ate a muffin and about 2/3cup of lemon juice.
I looked at the steaming brew, I had dropped a bit of cinnamon in it and the smell is intoxicating, it's been weeks since Iv.e had coffee, the last coffee I tasted wasn't even drank by me, it was the sweet breath of Bonaroo, also intoxicating.
I grabbed the hand made (looks like by a 4th grader) mug and took a sip...
MY eyes rolled into the back of my head and I think angels may have been yapping and blowing horns!
It was great, I won't know if it will kill me for hours, I think I'll be fine.
Earlier I was casting a spell to order my body to absorb water better, my face is receding as my body gulps for more moisture to the liver and gall bladder, I wanted to give them a chance without mussing my boyish looks.
As I was in the magic circle chanting I lost focus and imagined one of my heroes Chris Rock popping out of a cloud and yelling "If ya want mo wata in ya system, drank da shit hot nigga!"
I thought about it and began drinking hot water with my lemon juice....Yuck, it works, thanks imaginary Chris!
Yeah it's a thing about coffee, it's hot so it gets in quick, I'm gonna go home and hope everything comes out alright.
It's a fun adventure so far friends, looks like a new show on the horizon and I hope to see us all there.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.