Wednesday, August 22, 2007

just had a little thing with music

,
Caff is culling years worth of stuff separating the wheat from the chaff regarding her belongings.
She sends boxes and furniture to the portch and I drag it to the yard, pulverize it with a bowling ball, hammer, ax, bat, bike and then arrange the crime scene in the dumpster to save the most space.
The Grope and I just had to jump into the dumpster after I saw that it had been loaded poorly.
It was a bad Jenga and space is expensive.
One of the things Caff found in her stuff is the copy of Queen's sheer heart attack album.
I said “F 'Yeah” and popped it into the ghetto blaster.
Caff didn't think it would work but I forwarded it to the other side and then it played at least as good as a tape that I know has been laundered twice since we got it.
As soon as the first track came on I was reminded of when I first got the tape, it was DOPE!
1999 April 1st we moved the Clown House to a wonderful spot in the Mississippi neighborhood.
The tape came with an entire families stuff that was left over from the last tenant.
After a few days I unburied the tape from one of the countless piles of humanity that I was shoveling into a dumpster.
I played the heck out of it then and now as I'm filling my own dumpster I will play it till it's the last entry. This is the first time since this started that I shed a tear.
This damn Queen tape from the 80s, it reminded me of the Clown House middle age
It was the soundtrack to us running through a new house full of prospect at the dawn of a new century.
People picking out rooms and filling drawers, I built a bike shop, hope and skill was everywhere.
The Clown House had become a bad ass force with power and grace.
Back then the Clown House was more than I had ever hoped for and I was a drunk idiot, I had no idea how cool it could be with the focus of sobriety.
Still one of the songs brought me to sitting in the tub of the new house with two half empty beer bottles bobbing and singing along, totaly oblivous of the adventure I was embarking on.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.