Saturday, July 07, 2007

G.R.A.S.S. Generally Ridable And Somewhat Safe

Thats what I callour bikes that work,Grass Bikes, they are safe to ride as opposed to the other stuff that is too dangerous, we give the nasty stuff to the drunk jocks to kill themselves on.
Speaking of grass, I just saw the biggest, stankyest, single person driven lawnmower I have ever seen in my life.
It's honkin huge!
I'm looking out the window on the morning of a home gig.
The dude showed up in a giant truck (empty) and a giant trailer (almost empty) and he took that big nasty thing down, cranked it on and let it be loud and stinky for 10 min.
Satisfied that he had helped me lose the desire to include humans in my whole “Save the World” plan, he re-loaded it and drove off.
What a chump, he just pulled up, added some poison and noise to the air and left, I wanna chase him down. I feel sorry for him being raised so poorly in that regard (me too), he has his job and I bet he has some nice stuff, maybe some offspring and an ex he still gets along with.
The big picture is that our death is part of his industry (it's all connected)
It must sound silly to the normal Ugly American but when I see a lawn mower, a grassy lawn, a person mowing a lawn and especially someone insisting I have a lawn, or take care of one, I see red.
A pointless crop and poison to groom it just fills me with rage.
Am I just mad at something else but blaming the seemingly harmless grass?
No,I'm mad at something else AND I hate grass.
I have a healthy sense of outrage about a lot of things, logging trucks, fish farms, Mormons, corrupt government, clear cut forests, schools teaching crap, pill pushers and health care crooks, thats just off the top of my head.
My parents got Newsweek when I was a real little, I could read pretty good then so I got it.
I remember being in third grade or so and being upset that the Prime Minister of Egypt was assassinated so close to Carters peace accord. being finalized.
I want to fix it all, I want to dry tears and restore clean air, water and sky but I still must ask...why.
Why do I care?
We seem to be a natural conclusion to this run of life on the planet, we have been here only a flash in a pan as far as our little class M planet is concerned.
The earth used to look like we had just blown it up, nature will survive and do better for it as after the Devonian era.
So why save the Earth?
For the dogs, frogs, children and all other karma free entities who depend on people like me to notice.
I can't save my own little hunk of the planet with a bunch of anger hear gotta stay calm and see clear.
One way I keep a cool head is to notice those standing with me and protect them, I also try and find punch lines for things that horrify me.
If you mow your lawn or care about it, don't think I'm gonna judge you, I'm an idiot too.
I used to keep crab lice as pets, how about crab grass?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that. I'm glad to hear that even clowns get fed up and angry once in a while about the insanity that surrounds us. I kept thinking that somehow you guys were above the fray, and feeling like if only I could get with the clown program like you I wouldn't be pissed off so much of the time!

So now I don't feel as bad about myself and my impotent outbursts of anger. But I still wonder, what's the secret of clowning? How does it overcome that -- when it does?

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.