Saturday, June 30, 2007

Naked Jousting at the Clown House



Yet another exciting installment of tallbike jousting at the Clown House on Albertas street Portland OR.
 Clown House. The band is Everyday Prophets, they fill the air with positive sounds and a great attitude for crashing into things.

The jousting started early this time, we had been shut down twice before so I needed to get things rolling. The fire dept. was grumpy about all the 40' fireballs, the cops are grumpy about the cheering and obnoxious shenanigans, everyone else was having a blast.
I just grabbed a bike and prepared to joust Ood he was on the other side of the yard.
As soon as both bikes squared up, a crowd gathered around us.
I took a little look at the General Lee to see if she was in good order.
A fella came up to me as I wrenched the handlebars into my position.
"Can I be next?"
I stopped what I was doing and looked at him.. in the eyes. I stared at him until we had a nice awkward pause going.
 He had a big exited grin, zits and he seemed sober.
"Why do you want to do something as stupid as this and in front of seventy five people?" I asked making sure not to give him any visual cues.
"Uh...I dunno, looks like fun."
"Perfect." I looked down the Jousting stretch and Ood had found a similar denizen who wanted to careen at someone, 8 feet off the ground while pointed at an on coming pole.
It takes talent to beat anyone in those conditions imagine the first person who decided nude jousting was a strategy.


Here is naked tall bike jousting, It's a lot more common now days than in many years past. Bizzy took the photo up top and I think Matt took the other (correct me of I'm wrong).
The cops were all around but didn't stop the match because folks had quieted down and there weren't people with beers in the street.
Actually the police hung around and enjoyed the show (I don't blame them)they didn't bother anyone who isn't inherently bothered by them.
About three people have nude jousted the my jouse bike this year, maybe more.
The reasons all differ and are never very clear.
Will Workforf Ood jousted the General Lee nude, because he didn't happen to know where his pants were. Been there done that. He had been in the naked bike ride that ended at the Stumptown Joustdown, I was an official and got to see the whole train wreck. He just happened to be a nude dude who jousted.
Another fella seemed off in the head and on a mission. He pumped himself up and tried to cut in line to joust, "ME NEXT MAN, I'm Jousting next!"
I told him to leave because he was having a psychotic episode and my place was an awful spot to do that...it's full of clowns.
Next thing ya know I see this fool up on the General Lee and he's buck naked, the guy holding his bike up was giving instructions on how to hit the opponant and how to hold the lance.
He just nodded like he cared and as soon as the crowd yelled "3-2-1-JOUST" he stepped on the pedal, tossed the lance and flung himself at the other guy (Turbo).
I was right there and in the flashing lights of cameras, flood lights, the screaming, I saw a moment in slow motion bigger than puppy crap.
He was up in the air, hands calmly bent outward like Jesus.
His face said "Maybe this is whats missing in my life."
He had an expression of hope, even bliss.
His look turned to disappointment as a giant pole caught his chest full on and pounded him to the ground. Turbo the clown is no joke, he will mess you up as this guy found out.
He was quickly creamed by Turbo.  To his credit, Turbo didn't get a whole lot of satisfaction from winning a bout against an unarmed, naked contender.



It's funny that Turbo was denied fair violence, he is the same fella that invented "Pie Jousting" now thats cooking with foam!.








Clownarchy on Alberta street, the place to be.

We had such great music and chaos. We spent the day mud wrestling and the night jousting and a good time was had by all...even the guy who broke his arm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

finding yourself naked on the internet is an everyday thing for me this year.....
all those shots would get me a decent portfolio by now!
don't slip on any humongous banana peels, dingo

Manic

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.