Tuesday, May 08, 2007

two paintings of the same thing.



I painted the top one, then used my notes to make a transperency on our office printer (thanks Free Geek), put that on an overhead projector (thanks Free Geek) and painted it again in blue.
Both paintings have long sold but you can order one ($80), I guess this one has turned from Art to manufacturing.

The original idea came from a fella called Charles who came to the bar I worked at a lot.
He ordered the painting, I painted it in about a week, and then before he could come back in to collect it, a real foxy lady sauntered in and slapped the $$$$ down for it. Her ex had drunkenly told me he would come on payday to buy one of my paintings, when he didn't I really wanted her to walk by his table with one of my works.
I was so stupid and ready to sell a painting so I let her have it cheap.
Charles was pissed off, I felt like a heel.
I went to town figgering out how to set the nice dude straight and get him what he wanted.
The first one was done with only brown and black, the second was done with only blue and black paint.
I'm not an eccentric genius, I just didn't have much paint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty cool! I like the brown one especially.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.