Thursday, April 12, 2007

waiting for pics

Skid Mark came by yesterday and installed a really cool, custom sprocket on "J2" one of our tallest and scariest bikes.
It's been out of commission for a season or two, and it's awsome that he spent some time and gave some love to the Clown House Fleet.

He got it running but wasn't about to get up on the thing, he siad he was most comfortable riding his super nice black and white double tall bike.
I put my crime suit on (thats a thick jumpsuit; great padding ) and donned a helmet and went to give her a try.
At first, I couldn't figger out a way to move the bike and climb up it, it is a tall mammajamma.
Then I realized that I wasn't being stupid enough.
To get the thing rolling fast enough to climb to the top and start riding, I had to go very fast down a hill and hurl myself through space.
It didn't help that the end of my runway was a busy street.
I got rolling fast, jumped up, along the way remembering that I hadn't tried the brakes, only inspected them, and took flight.
It was kinda scetchy, rolling about like that, the bike pitches and teeters.
If you let go of the handlebars, the bike wants to turn a hard left and then careen down.
The chain and drivetrain was sweet, it did its job, looked and acted solid, and it's gonna work out great.
The people on the street seemed to love the new bike, I don't have a camera so this pic should do.

For those of you who hang out here, J2 is the bike with the sneaker as part of it's back breaks.
He wants it painted "Ketchup and Mustard", maybe I'll wait to get its pic taken until after I paint it.
Thank you so much Skid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey all you fancy bike builders!

I don't need anything fancy, but I do need a bike that FITS me! AND it has to be light, light, light...maybe alluminum?

I will pay a VERY NICE pretty penny for some nice work from someone that isn't pretentious...that's important because I don't know squat about bikes!

Please get a hold of me at the Star E Rose or call me at home and we can chat about it!

Thank you so much everyone for everyone who reads this! Put the word out if you know someone, cause I have been looking for a bike and it has not gone well at all. :(

Love Sumandhi
5003-287-0330

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.