Monday, January 01, 2007

about my illness

Ok long story short:
4am the one year old sounds like a chainsaw,
I go and march around trying to get him back to sleep,
He pokes my eye,
germs move from my eye to the rest of my body,
I fall very ill,
I call in sick to work,
They say no,
I work that day and the next,
My jaw swells shut along with my eye,
I get stuck eating through a straw,
I go insane with pain and lack of sleep,
Caffo calls into my work the third day and laughs at them,
My "day off" comes and Caffeine has to do a gig dressed as me,
I had to stay home to cry and lick my wounds,
Now I have to press a hot shower head to my jaw
every three or four hours just to talk,
I now know more about trash tv than I ever thought I would.

Now, believe me friends, this ain't no picnic, I was talking to a ringmaster from California the other day.
He is a nice guy, he told me he wants to have a kid to help him run his show, I laughed my ass off.
Thats what I thought would happen too.
NOW, in my insanity caused by pain and suffering, some good came of it.

#1 I was washing dishes (day 2 at work)and in a moment of maddness I was able to comprehend the vast size and scope of the event horizon of a black hole. I saw the way time and space bend at this point, noticed how very small I am in comparison and got a good laugh.

#2. I wrote a fifth season to Antonio "the red priest" Vivaldi's four seasons, not a violin concerto, what I wrote is on the bass and has sounds inspired by the Alaskan coastal region (Vivaldi's Four Seasons was inspired by the Italian Countryside). I don't have a bass and I've never been to Alaska but hey, I'm crazy with pain and lack of sleep, when I do get a bass I'm rockin Vivaldi.
#3. I may have found a window to quit smoking YAY!

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.