Monday, September 11, 2006

A fine summer at the clown house

A fine summer draws to a close, guess who has to go to public school this year?
The deal was, if she got 20 sour marks for behavior this summer, she would have to go to public school and that's exactly how mush she got.
This sucks, public school just makes kids dumber and meaner, It's not the nightmare that my school life was (part of why I can't spell) but we do notice the child returning from school with a chip on her shoulder.
She home schooled and was well above her grade's bench marks plus got to be a kid.
I wish I could have done that, I wasted my childhood on pointless schooling, I wish I had been allowed to just smell the dandylions and ride bikes.

I didn't finish school by a long shot, I ran away in 11th grade and joined the circus.
I can't spell, count, mesure or even wipe all the way but still I have more published articles than I can remember, I invent complex things, sold over a grand worth of rubber chicken paintings (I failed ALL the art and music classes I took)and I'm working on a second music album.
I learned to read from Mad magazine and Penthouse, I never use any of the stuff they told me I needed to know.I own a buissnes for crissakes!
HEY KIDS!
QUIT SCHOOL IF YOU CAN!
It's in the presidents best interest to keep you stupid, it's no accident that schools are so under funded, why not beat them at thier own game and ditch the whole school idea all together.
Put grandma to use! What better way to stave off alhiemers than if she is keeping her mind sharp teaching kids the stuff they really do need to know like "Don't piss in the wind" or "How to grow your own food".


5 comments:

Tiago DeJerk said...

But if they quit school, whereelse are the kids suppose to learn important things such The Pledge of Allegiance to the US rag, or how the nation's forefathers heroically exterminated obviously inferior and soulless apemen that lived here so we can enjoy the commodities of beautifull strip malls and acid rain?

Anonymous said...

bummer she has to go. i guess, like so many parents i know, its basically the free-babysitter syndrome. $$ keeps us from being able to have enough non-work time to be able to have one (or both!) parents be home with the kid.

we are trying to figure out the same exact wrinkles for when our little one gets older. i sure hope i dont have to send her off just cuz we need to spend the time at jobs. (or other time at jobs, and then the daytime at doing the rest of life... same diff.)

good luck to your girl, and thanks SO MUCH for giving the advice out there to get outta school. no kidding. but, kids, be smart about it... respect your life and others. dont go become the bad kinda delinquent (yknow, what i mean). make a good delinquent of yourselves.

Dingo Dizmal said...

Well Jon, when I grew up it was around lots of family.
It was like...you couldn't go down the street and screw up because your family is all over the place.
It was a village, everybody took care of everybody's kids.
In San Antonio the fam fam still live on Oleker street, have since the 40's and thats what I thought of when we decided to pro create.
I didn't realize that it was a mexican thing so I got here to the North West and the fam is splintered all over the place doing all kinds of non mafia things, child help is vertualy non existant so we have to either bribe people or tie the kid to the dog.
Maybe it's because we don't use cars
It's really hard to save the Earth, raise kids so they won't become ogres and keep the bills paid.
I'm looking all over the country for the next Clown House, we have now been classed out of this house and when the rent boost hit us, it hit hard, this is the last year for us and I pray we can keep the bills paid until Aug. 07.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is a smart little girl, thanks to great genes and smart parents that have taught her well. She will do just fine in school...maybe she will share some of her knowledge with the unfortunate children who have not had such amazing parents.
If you are stressed because of lack of familia to help out, you can always send Robin to Texas! She will be smothered with love and attention.

Anonymous said...

you say looking all over the country for the next clown house, but i can only hope that is hyperbole. but if you are serious, i know plenty of places you can buy houses for cheap. just depends on who you want for neighbors (if anyone).

i keep hearing that the "housing bubble is going to burst". does this mean a house in portland will be less than $200k again? well, maybe not in our lifetime. but if you hurry, you can still find some for $300k. as absurd as that number is, its about $1900/month. is that what rent is now for 4 bedroom? i dunno. this, however, does imply that a bank is going to give a bunch of clowns a loan. ah, capitalism....

there are some creative loan brokers out there, however; but you kinda need good credit. what a hassle! (but at least rent doesnt go up.)

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.