Saturday, April 15, 2006

cut

I didn't make it to the "filmed by bike show" last night because I had to work.
Turns out they cut our stuff from the bill anyway, OUCH!
I don't know if we got cut for good stuff or bad since I wasn't there (of course I'm not saying all I know because I don't want to hurt anyones feelings.)
We are still making movies (they take a long time to make) comics, art shows and live stuff and we have a whole spring and summer to blow out in Portland.
The Clown House seems to be the best place for our work to live.
This is why I don't like to be in shows that I'm not producing, it also tends to be a bad idea when there's any event that involves judges, jurys, or organizers who have agendas.
This is also why we no longer do talent shows, there's no score there.
We are working on rebirthing the weekly movie nights, shown on the wall of the Clown House.
Last year it went spankingly well, it was full of fun, action and then silly movies and films.
Here is what Ayleen told me, I found it tragic that we got cut but funny that she would sell our stuff back to me.
I guess I know better than to submit stuff.
Hey Dingo,

the clown movies are awesome! They didn't make the cut for last
night because the jury had some really tough decisions to make and
wanted some balance in content and wanted to bring in some filmmakers
from outside the US.

However, we put two of them on the DVD compilation (available for
sale through the website or if you ever see me I'll sell you one in
person) and I encourage you to keep making movies and keep
submitting! I especially liked the one with the wedding, it was SO
well done. the jury loved it but said there wasn't enough of bikes
in it to let it get into a bike-themed film festival. But it was a
pretty sweet film.

thanks,
ayleen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummhhumphfffh, nasty.

Anonymous said...

hey, dingo, man... let it go. no need for sour grapes. this is the kinda thing that has to happen with any kinda festival like that. there is only so much time, and there are folks whose stuff was in there that arent famous around portland.

so give it a break... you guys could (and should!) have a whole movie night of your own stuff. let others have a chance. i bet out of every film shown and NOT shown to that crowd, the clown house was the best known filmmaker of the bunch.

Dingo Dizmal said...

I'm over it, nobody likes to be cut.
Nobody likes to cut people, I do it all the time.
Blogs are a b*#ch because they get you in the moment, and I don't have much of an "on the spot" editor.
I got over it so fast and I understand what happened.
black and white letters look so cold and angry, sometimes spiteful they don't reveal that moments after a rant, i've moved on, often to silly prospects and goofy distractions so while the blog looks like I'm furious, I'm actually singing sea shantys or eating stuff off the floor.
I'm ok and I don't begrudge anybody.
You know what really cracked me up?
"ummhhumphfffh, nasty"
hahaha great expression in black and white, very creative.

Anonymous said...

D the C, I hope you keep creating stuff and make a DVD... I've been highly entertained by all of the ClOWn hOuSE stuff that I've seen so far, which is pretty much just what's on "From Portland With Bike Love" and the "Filmed by Bike IV" DVD.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.