Thursday, March 23, 2006

OK, I'm not so mad anymore.


That last post may have been disturbing to some viewers. I have cooled off a lot, since then.
But, jeez-a-loo, I sure was pissed to lose so much cash. Let me tell ya why.
At work, my pal James the Bartender had a game for me. I give him my painting "The Omen," and he would give me the contents of his tip jar. He didn't tell me how much. I gave it about 20 mins, then accepted his offer. The tip jar was full of money, so I knew it would be cool, and I liked the whole game show of it.
It was over a hundred bucks!
Nathan at Free Geek had just hooked us up with a printer that shoots out hundreds of copies all day, so when I got up this morning (3:00 pm), I was going to use the money to buy lots of blank paper to print my novel with, and blank canvases to paint while I waited for the books to print.
Dealing with a 7 year old is tough for anyone. I'm actually pretty good at it, because I raised this one from a larva. It's just that I've been out of the loop since working such late hours; when I said I lost the wallet because I was distracted by the kid, I was reeling from the blow, and needed to vent.
When my friend bought the painting, he left it up till the show's end, but instead of writing "Sold" on it, he wrote "Gambled away...sucker," refering to his game show.
He frikkin cursed me! Next time I see him, you bet I'm gonna give him the "Stink eye."
sigh. Well, ya win some, ya lose some.

I told my kid that I don't blame her, and we can always make more money, and not to worry about daddy kicking the dog until it barks blood.

I think I should leave that stinker of a rant on the blog, though: it's life in the big city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If there is one thing I know about the Dingo is that things work. I also know that venting about kids and the trials (both positve and negative) is part of being a responsible parent. It is true however, that money comes and goes, family is supposed to be with you till the end.
The Mouth of the South

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.