Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I just royaly screwed myself

I went down to the local art store to buy some canvases and had to bring my kid along.
I got what I needed and looked to get my wallet and it was gone.
It had all the money I had made selling paintings this week, about 150 bucks.
How did I manage to lose it?
I have the most horrific distraction ever in trying to wrangle a seven year old, It's an act of god to get her moving and when we do my mind is on keeping her safe from traffic, my wallet must have dropped when I was chasing her to the end of the block.
She didn't do anything wrong, in fact she helped me look for it . Nice kid, lover her all day long.

Kids are great, I love mine so much I put up with all kinds of grief, they are a mighty challenge, 150 bucks to me is a fortune (not to mention rent money) This sucks so much.
I'm not blaming my mistake on my kid, I just want to be a beacon to all others, an example...if you have kids you WILL have your ass handed to you sometimes so get your plasered smile ready so ya don't scare them into some ungainly emotional baggage. imagine you are an aircraft controller handling hundreds of flights and there's a baboon with a wiffle ball bat screeching in your ear and smacking you with it, you push a button and a little hand un- pushes it, it's a nightmare sometimes and let me also warn you...they are so adorable, interesting, comical and delightful, it's hard to stay mad...besides... they look like my relatives.
Like what we do? Donation bucket!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that is a bit of a dark rant about children. its a tad hard to read between the lines and see the bright spots.

however, um, i guess its a good way to warn people to make sure they are committed to the idea if they want to have kids.

Anonymous said...

Dingo Dizmal I have been a fan of the Pepto Dizmal since trying to feed some Pheasant to some strangers with a dog from Minn. I've been out of circulation for some time now and just thought back to the nights at the Top Hat listening to the Diz jam with songs like Masterbation and Delorous. Just hanging out watching it all unfold. Life Is Good.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.