Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I'm trying to wrap my head around the recent events here around the Clown House.
Two nights ago I looked out the front window at about 3 in the morning expecting to see a car crash.
I thought to myself "How would a car crash out there? The angle of the street and the embankment would make it so hard for any car to go any place but forward or backward."
Well last night at about 3 am I was on the computer, not looking at adult web sites, and heard a tremendous crash.
I looked out front and beheld a car slowly limping away from a mighty crash scene.
Banjo the dog did her best to appear on duty, she barked and looked in the general direction of the commotion but didn't bother to get off the couch.
I ran out side and saw that the car had collided with two other cars belonging to the Christian woman's halfway house across the street. It was making a slow get away.
I was torn, if it had been the Mississippi neighborhood four years ago I would have ran up to the perp to brutally drag his ass out of the car and make a citizens arrest. All that crime fighting I did in the old neighborhood only helped raise the rent and eventually got us homeless.
I don't like cars at all, I don't like drunk drivers at all, the drunk could have hit a guy on a bike.
I just made a half assed attempt to get the license plate and gawked at the impressive demolition.
The one drunk took out two cars as well as his own, thats better than I did with an ax, years ago dealing with another drunk driver.
He limped off and made an O.J. esque getaway.
When the cops showed up, the first thing the lady who's car got hit said was "Joo Find him yet?"
The cops didn't know what had happened and this lady is being a jerk.
They said "no we just got here lady, what happened?"
Then she yelled at them "Did you even try to find him?"
I saw they were getting noplace with her so I went across the street, greeted them and gave them the direction and partial license plate number.
Tiago took some photos and we sat inside gawking and singing our song"One Less Car".
I saw the wreck 24 hours before it happened and when it did, I really didn't help much.
I'm so torn.
Recently, our rent went up and we couldn't find a room mate so we had to use our baby money to cover an empty room, I don't recognize the neighborhood with all the ugly new buildings and for all the commerce we brought to Alberta street the buissne$ never mention we exist.
I don't feel any loyalty to Alberta street now, after how we were treated but I do feel the need to make the place safe for bikes and pedestrians.
I'll post Tiagos photos when I get them.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.