Monday, December 12, 2005

Who wooda thunkit

I just realized that getting the big whoo ha from an angry bull (a steer not a railroad cop) is compounded by the fact that if one is anywhere near you, the chances are you will be running away.
That means the first thing that brawling bovine is gonna see is your butt. I bet a good homework would be researching bull gorings and finding out if anybody has ever been skewered anywhere besides takin' it in the dumper.
I also decided that the phrase "Shit-load" came from "Ship load" and "Butt-load" must have started out "Boat load". That means it could be a piece of sarcasm as old as the word "Boat".
YAY sarcasm!
The home school is in session and I just got a comedy treat.
I just saw two little tiny kids who are I guess the pre school. I hear "Thats mine MINE!" In my head I can see two heads of less powerful nations squabbling over the scraps of Iraqi stolen booty and yelling the same thing.
They summed up the bare bone sentiment of all human misery while fighting over a broken taco bell toy.
They had just gotten in from P.E. so they were still in the outside clothing. It a great thing that they bundle the kids up tight because the two boys got into fisticuffs...kinda.
Really they just shoved each other around and screamed a lot. It was so frikkin funny, they looked like little wariors armored in neon clouds and doing battle with cotton candy.

Play with yourself

engrish.com

big brother...s corporation

Feel safe?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So your post reminds me of a story my mom told me.
When she was a kid, she lived in Hayward, CA, which was farmland at the time. She and her cousin used to disregard their parents, and jump over the back fence, cross the nieghbor's pasture, and then jump the next fence, cross to the NEXT fence, and so on, just wandering and exploring, and jumping fences. One day, my mom climbed a fence they had never climbed before, and jumped down into the pasture. She began crossing to the far fence. Her cousin was behind her, and he shouted at her from the top of the fence "Karyl!" (that's my mom's name)"There's a bull!"
She turned to look, and froze like a deer, as she and the bull regarded each other for a long moment. Then the bull charged.
Now, my mom's a fast runner, but remember she was only a kid, and she told me, "I must have broken a world record for sprinting that day, getting to the other side of that pasture before the bull did."
That day she decided that maybe her parents weren't just tyring to spoil her fun, when they told her not to hop random fences.

Oh, and Dingo, I'm the one that pointed out the ship/shit boat/butt load thing. Everyone take Dingo's wisdom with a grain of salt, as there is no evidence of this connection, it's just something I made up.