Thursday, October 20, 2005

Trying to Reach Our Friendly Neighborhood Inspector...

Caffeine Jones here... resident bureaucracy officer for the Clown House.
Since our landlord recieved a notice, but we did not, I have been leaving him messages to get us a copy.
When I saw the inspector's name & contact info. on the city site, I decided to get ahold of him today (my first opportunity), & ask him to clarify w/us what, exactly, we need to do. Lw & behold, his name & # are no longer on the web page! I can't contact him!
Also, the link to the complaint site on Dingo's blog has stopped working!
So. I tried to go to the city site, & access the complaint through the city's GIS map. The site is all gummed up & won't load!
AAAARGH!
Sure hope the landlord gets back to us soon. He's a very busy guy, though. Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Dingo Dizmal said...

Word of the day: "Predatory investor"
Reports are filing in from all over the neighborhood about the city and it's henchmen trying to swindle folks out of their homes.I don't know if they are in cahoots or if the city and the developers are seperate factions of mindless greed.
We need an intern type person, one who can track down this fraud at the place where the suits live, DOWNTOWN. We are so stuck with survival that I cant lose a day tracking down criminals, plus I'm too pissed off to not look like an angry clown who just lost his free bike shop.

Anonymous said...

seems like *all* the contact/names for *all* cases on *all* properties are gone. rather than a conspiracy, i wonder if some sorta database update is happening?

i would try again later today and then maybe someone could call the city and say wassup with portlandmaps.com and the details for cases/permits on properties, yo?

Dingo Dizmal said...

Good one Jon, I just always expect the worst from shady characters like the city syndacate and the poverty profiteers. It's turned me into a suspicious goon, today I chased a poor woman down who was taking photos of the house demanding that she tell me who she was and why she was paprazzi-ing the house.
Turns out she is a tourist from Chicago who wanted to show pics of the pad to a little bike club called RAT PATROL!
I'm shaking down traveling dignataries like a jerk who can't spell, sorry.

Anonymous said...

You probably know that your case was instigated by a complaint. The City is bound by law to look into complaints, and to cite people if they are in violation.

But we ought to also work to figure out how you can do what you do so well and still be the neighber the complaintant apparently wants you to be.

We asked the Office of Neighborhood Involvment--the people that had to issue the notice--to call you to clarify what the code allows for.

Let me know if you haven't heard from them by 3 on Friday.

Also, you can see the code they cited you under here.

If you need me, I'm at 503-823-4128 in Commissioner Adams office.

Anonymous said...

its a marvelous day when city officials (or seemingly so) follow up to citizen input, go to a blog, and post useful information for the common folk!

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.