Saturday, October 22, 2005

crappy night

Just as I was getting home from a long night of getting slammed line cooking at my work, 2:30 am I'm rolling into the yard of the Clown House and my neighbor across the street yelled to me that a couple of jerks had just made off with a few of our house bikes, Just then Ruby Cube and Blair drove up in thier car and we wizzed down the street after them. We came upon Maxi Stack, folded up and busted in the road and I jumped out and grabbed it. It's a Zoo Bomb bike that is a tall bike built with no welding, only cleverly placed bolts and screws, I guess it screwed somebody because it's kind of banged up and steering left.
The other two went off into the darkness, finally comming upon a guy in the dark beside a fence rubbing his arm like he had just stolen a tall bike and crashed hard. Dude went after the guy buy he escaped into thin air they said. I have to wait for light to see who elses bike got nabbed.
That complaint from the city/developers/? whomever is sure causing a lot of trouble over here, predictably, when all the half built bikes went away, all thats left are the perfectly working bikes, out in the open, when before they were easy to hide in the graveyard row.
I can't exactly just build up another one.
Hey be on the look out for another one of our bikes that was stolen a few days ago, it's a tall bike coclred like a lady bug, it may or may not still have the trailabike on the back. It's Tophers bike thats a primary mode of transpo for him and his little one.
I was just thinking of some of the stuff we lost for things we were inventing. We were half way to finishing a little bike/ice cream maker that a little kid could ride in place and make frozen treats, we had found a bike that had a drive shaft instead of a chain and were hooking up the old timey crank Ice cream maker when we found it leaked lead so we were waiting to dumpster a good one, won't happen now.
Also I was working on ways to convert kids playing on trampolines of bikes into power for batterys... I still might get that one in the can.
Not all days are so fun, but I did get an email inviting me to the shift list and I was so grateful to see the folks in solidarity to our fight.
I'ts still not a bad time to be a clown in p town.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.