Saturday, May 11, 2019

My kid (Robin P, E.M.T.) was having supper with us and talking about a Doctor she met.

 She was talking about the conversation they were having as she assisted him in sewing a man's ear back on. 
I say "wait, what? How did his ear rip?" She said "he fell" and went back to talking about talking (to the doc) I had to interrupt. 
"He fell?"
 Please tell me that part of the story (I'm all ears). 
She said the old codger had a stroke. When he woke up in the hospital he discovered he couldn't afford that hospital. 
He escaped back to his house intent on going to the V.A. hospital the next day. Then he immediately had another stroke and fell to the floor of his kitchen where he remained...for 3 days. 
The fall ripped his ear but Robin P says he was jacked up all over his body. She went back to talking about the doc. I interrupted again. "How could you have light convo with the old dude freaking out (as I would be). She said he was sedate, calm and into the convo too. 
Right on vets! 
Inspiring that he took care of himself even when the country he fought for refuses to take care of him. He shouldn't have to run away from a hospital. 
The VA is amazing but the politicians who don't fund vet programs create lots of problems. 
If regular health care wasn't such a monumental rip off then every hospital would be a V.A. hospital.

No comments: