Saturday, January 26, 2019

I was so excited for our morning gig today.

It's a birthday party for one of our biggest fans...and her daughter (also massive fan.)
Even when those two are the only ones to turn up at our weekly gigs, they keep us as enthused as they. We showed up,
Lil one made the cutest freak out seeing Olive and Dingo at her house!!!!We performed for her friends right in front of two O&D dolls they own. Mom brought me coffee and Olive a Mimosa. The 13 or so other kids didn't know us at all. It was a riot seeing them stare at us in stunned silence as the birthday girl sat front center mouthing the words to everything Olive said.
By the end all the kids were on the O&D train thanks to the kid opening the door for us.
That was amazing. I wish they were all like that.
Now Olive is doing a gig alone making balloons behind a puppet show, I'm crunching video editing skill for a journalism project we are working on for Lisa Loving. When Olive gets here we are doing a dance party.
Our third gig only requires us to bring my guitar (to sing happy birthday at the end) This gig is one where the parents are DJs, They met us at another dance party and wanted us to do the same. Dance. OLive rules at dancing, me notsomuch.
I'm as good at dancing as I am at air traffic control. When I do it, it's immediately clear that I'm not qualified. Luckily Olive dresses me up like a disco ball so maybe I can blind them with sequins.

No comments: