Friday, January 04, 2019

I gotta watch what I say.

I gotta watch what I say.
We were in Montevilla park making balloons for some kids. I asked, "Ya want me to make yer Dad a sword too?" They look at each other, "That is our Uncle.
Our Dad got taken by ICE."
The kids came off very brave and articulate. I got to stay my emotions as I hear the matter-of-fact story about how Dad came over years ago. Got a job and family going.
One day the family got a knock at the door that separated everyone. Instead of bringing the guy into Uncle Sam's fold, ICE created many more hardships. 
I pondered: What is the bigger crime?
Later, I saw the kid throwing up gang signs.
Some of the worst gangs on the planet came after primitive policies like everything coming out of Trump's face; all because people prefer voting for cruelty rather than stewardship. 
I found out at our show today that there are a lot of places where children are being detained here in Oregon, detained for being from the wrong country. 
We would love to get in there and help them, to cheer them up.
Sometimes we gotta watch what we say. A couple times kids have freaked out when we do a finger counting song because some kids don't have 10 fingers and in front of us is the first time it has come up.
Our kinna clowns are allllll up in people's strifes. I guess that is why we are here.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.