Wednesday, December 12, 2018

plumb out of ideas.

With dishes backed up for days I had tried every natural remedy for clogged drain, boiling water, baking sode/vinegar, enzymes. Nothing worked, something drastic had to happen. I bought a huge drain snake and went to town. 

Unfortunately, after successfully snaking the glitter dreads out of the sink (no idea where those came from.), the most important drain, parts didn't go back together somuch.
It leaked from both sides of what is called
"The P Trap".
 I went back to the hardware store and bought a new slip nut and screw for the sink side. Installed it and it leaked, took it apart, it leaked again. Soon both sides couldn't hold water. 
This stuff is made to work without teflon tape but even with the tape it's still slow leaking.
i thought the ptrap was for catching wedding rings. Nope. Turns out it's for preventing gasses from entering your house. Keep those P traps wet Ya'll.
Ptrap sounds like a way to blackmail the president in Russia.
4th times a charm. Every time I go back to the hardware store, I look less like a clown and more like a soggy person who sleeps in drains. 
I was all chipper and crisp after work, Now I'm going back in wet sweats with runny makeup and an itchy stinkeye finger.
I built a lot of PVC pneumatic canon, I know my way around this stuff. and if this was the Clown House we would have all dug into this build. The thing is, this is a 1922 hotel/house thingee. I just don't have the confidence that everything will line up to the standard of the house.
I'm good at stucco, drywall, plastering, painting, couple kinds of roofing, couple kinds of welding, I can take an entire house apart and save every stick...but when it comes to plumbing I guess now it's clear... I'm total shite.   for now.

This one beat me. My only recourse is to greet the plumber in the morning. I don't have a gig but I will be dressed as a clown (not Dingo, think Bozo). I need to get to the bottom of this by sitting at the kitchen table while the plumber works, telling him all about how I would do it (if I knew what I was doing) They love that.
"Slip Joint Nut" is my next band name b.t.w.
                                 oliveanddingo.com/donate

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.