Thursday, December 20, 2018

my gear

Gear. I pull my guitar. street cube amp, cables, books and mic stand on my tallbike (the behemoth)'
 We do punk rock clown gigs all over Portland OR. My wife carries a ton of stuff too.
I think this is the way to gig since gas being part of the overhead kills your living as a musician.
All my stuff gets wet, cold, banged around a lot but I have whittled it down to the toughest gear possible.
That cube amp is still trucking since 2010.
It runs on 6 AAs, we can do a little kid show with it in the morning and then plug it into the house system at a nightclub and that little amp becomes our mixer for the adult show.
I highly recommend the street cube. I wish Craftsman made a guitar. That said I once heard my banjo fall off a friend's tallbike.
I knew it was my banjo because it sounded great even falling to the street.
I was shocked that it hardly had a scratch.
 I been playing 30 years but this was the decade I came to understand that the most expensive guitar isn't the toughest, it's often the case that expensive guitars are far more delicate.
 pic a friend sent from "Somewhere-elsistan"

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.