Monday, December 10, 2018

Korean boarder

 I was washing dishes when a young woman walks into the kitchen and timidly says hi.
 She  and told me she loved the room and asked if I was the host (no).
She introduced herself and shyly asked that the heat be turned up. 
I'm all alone and I still haven't taken any clown drag off. 
I tell her I'm just one of the clowns that live in the attic but I'm also helpful to travelers as a condition of my clown order. 
I turn the heat up. 
I ask her where she is from. She says Korea. I greet her in Korean. 
That moment changed the mood. 
Her face lights right up. She smiles big, snaps her heels and hands together and rocks a proper bow (like in the movies). I made it clear that I didn't know her language by my body language and it worked a charm. 
She clearly still dug the effort. 
I will be asking her for other phrases if she hangs around awhile. 
I went back to dishwashing and then soon, she surprised me by coming back. 
She had a wine bottle and two glasses. 
Would you like to drink some wine?" 
I was like "Um, I'm not on vacation, i don't drink alcohol and my wife is miles away so I'm gonna take a pass but thanks! " I bid her good evening and then tended the clogged drain I just created so I could be doing anything but that. Good times.. lol

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.