Thursday, November 29, 2018

talking to someone in "actorspeak" works for us

We live in a house that rents out fancy rooms. I learned that the man staying in one of the rooms right now flies in from LA to catch his kid's HS sports matches (being vague for his privacy).We wondered, who can afford such expensive commuting.
So getting home today we met him. I recognized him right away as an actor from the TV. I don't watch TV so if I recognized him that is a clue to how he can afford the travel. Super cool dude, so glad he uses his money to support his kid.
We talked about Belgian beers and kid raising but it soon evolved into an hour in the kitchen talking about camera shots, his directing career, editing tricks, acting motivations etc.
All this is in our wheelhouse as well so we were riveted.
It felt like it should have been an acting podcast. I'm not a sports fan but i do like any school sports.
Maybe we can talk him into letting us go to his kids game. If so I will be in the clear to take a selfie and you can decide if and where you seen this cool cat before.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.