Wednesday, October 03, 2018

I met a handsome doctor last night ooooh!

LOL ok we already met. He is staying in one of the rooms that rent in our place. Last night Olive was out of town. Steven is a mid-30-something Doc from New Zealand. He was visiting Corvallis tracking down distant relatives and decided to take a few days on Puddletown.
We traded life stories last night as he watched me eat a plate of bacon. He said he has been trying to do at least one ink drawing per day. I asked him if he wanted to do some art with me by way of video taping a bike ride. He was all over it.
There is avid cycling in NZ but nothing to the scale of Portland. I lent him a beach cruser and we took off. I asked him what he wanted to see and he mentioned the big mural by the tracks with plants growing out of it.
He noticed it from the bus and wanted a better look. I was glad that he was narrating into the gopro with that amazing accent.
When we got there we noticed how cool the mural w
as and also noticed I neglected to bring SD cards for both gopros (like a ditz). No footage night, bummer. So we lit out exploring 11pm Portland. We rolled downtown and over the Tillicum bridge twice. He kept looking at the infrastructure and saying "Wow, so fancy."
I enjoyed rolling with him and discovered it's really easy to get medical advice from a doc when you are asking about an ailment you don't have. I got him telling me all about dysentery and child birth. I learned a lot. He had heaps of questions about clowning, our life and of course Patch Adams.
It's a bit of a struggle rolling with folks who aren't conditioned to ride fast for hours like us.
He did well and immediately passed out in his room when we got back.
That''s what's up Doc.

No comments: