Thursday, August 30, 2018

That time I showed a tourist how to weed. Tale of a perfect "single serving friendship"

Another single serving friendship in the can. We made a friend. :) She stayed at the Air B we lived in.

We just dropped our new friend off at the airport and soon she will be back with her husband in Korea.
She has been married 2 years and told us she is very independent.
Married life has made her less independent so she took a solo trip to the USA to get her self-power on.
She picked Portland because she read we are weird here. A safe spot for expressing herself.

The first few days she took herself out on the town. She got to know the clowns one night and we hit it off (like we do).
We had a late night together playing cards with my daughter. Then this morning when I asked her what she planned to do today she said
"Go with you I think.". Ok. lol.
She tagged along to our gig, rocked out a bit and enjoyed the shops. On the way home I pointed out a pot shop as we passed in the car.
I told her that's where Marijuana is sold.
Her eyes lit up. "I wanna try that. I wanna tell my husband I tried that he will be so jealous." Back at the house I broke out my stash. I was enjoying hearing her say the word Marijuana in perfect Spanish. As long as she kept talking I was happy to share.
I rolled a joint and packed a bowl. I forgot she had zero backstory about how to puff out so I lit and handed over the doobie first.
I'm really impressed with her English.
It's a struggle especially around the clowns since we use lots of slang, jargon and double speak. I was also impressed with her Spanish. Her nickname back home is "Lil Brujia". She has some Latinos in her neighborhood WOW and she said Spanish words as well as I do.
Last night she asked me to translate her Spanish, Korean name into Scandinavian runes. That was funny.


She sat there drawing on it over and over. She never got the memo that you typically pass it after a few hits. She just sat there puffing and experiencing.
Finally she passed it over, crushed and more than half over.
The pipe was challenging too but she did it up like a champ. We were worried that she could have a bad reaction so we were watching her carefully.
She was fine.
She liked the sensation and we liked that she finally got her political on. After the smoke sesh she was happy to talk about climate, global

economy, our two countrys etc. We talked so long she was almost late for the plane. We offered to take her to the airport.
As we were almost there she asked the windows be rolled down. She wanted to breathe as much clean Portland air as she could before she went home where the air is very contaminated (by China). She also wanted to breathe in the last air of her vacation. She said she will never forget us. I asked her to name her children after us. Just then something in the road ahead burst into flames. Smoke was pouring over the road."Roll the window back up quick!"



Portland is ironic as well as weird. Little Brujia showed no adverse effects from the ganja and made it to her gate on time.



We had a strong goodbye, goodluck to our single serving friend. Before she left she asked if her room was having guests tonight. Olive "Yep, new single serving friends are already there by now."

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.