Sunday, July 29, 2018

That fruit I ate was the only way I can afford her knife-work.

We recently did a gig for a lady who is half of a same sex couple. 
We get a lot of those 2 Moms 2 Dads kind of situations. This lady is queer and Latina, and a Mom...and a surgeon. 
I'm sure she has saved the lives of a lot of people who don't value hers for some of those arbitrary reasons I mentioned above. 
Can you imagine if she was a hollow as the folks who don't want to make gay people a wedding cake? I feel honored to meet some of these people for what they do. Lawyers, docs, high finance, law enforcement. 
It's shocking to me that anyone gives queer people a hard time. At her house she has a huge table full of fruit she carved. 
Of course I asked her "Did you use your precision doc tools to cut this grub?" No she said she used a kitchen knife. 
That fruit I ate was the only way I can afford her knife-work. lol I savored it.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.