Tuesday, July 24, 2018

One of my least favorite perks of living in a house that rents out rooms.

 When the guests leave they give me the remainder of their weed (and lighters) that they bought. I know it sounds like a boon for Dingo (it saves me a lot of money) but I'm not all about me. I want them to keep their stuff.
 I want them to take it home and show the red states how green our thumbs are here. They tell me how backwards their states are treating herb like it's a hard drug, crushing peoples careers and filling those private prison cells. 
They come here on vacay to get away from that mess.
We don't live in a hippy house, everyone thru here are well to do mainstream types. They pump a lot of money into our community. 
We personally aren't part of the business (we are just the house clowns, kind of like dogs in that we aren't on any payroll but when people come our tails start wagging.) We live out of a tip jar. Our home pay is getting into people's heads as single serving friends. We learn a lot.
 They have stories to tell about a nation in turmoil.  Places with access to legal pot have so much less opioid addiction but that doesn't make the big pharma companies any money. It's sad but a perk of the perk is that the guests buy a much higher quality of ganja than I get. I'm mostly all about homegrown but these folks get the real fire. I guess that's why they never finish it. 
 Last night a couple from Kansas gave me this little can o goodies and a bunch of joints. 
I threw it in the pile with the rest of them. Then late last night I dipped into it and realized...whooo, this is kind of strong. 
I like a head change but I'm never a fan of being intoxicated. Cannabis evolved with humans, keeping it from folks for profit is a scam. It's a racist scam too. Ever notice that the law calls it Marijuana but everyone else (including scientists) call it cannabis?
 It's because it's a lot easier to get folks to vote against something with an ethnic name. It's also easier to throw the book at people who are just taking an herbal medicine if it has that Spanish name attached.
Luckily I'm not complaining about too much weed. I just wish they could keep what they bought themselves. 
 Lots of old people rent rooms here just to get pot. I'm so sad that they can't bring the pain relief with them back to the South.
The folks who are driving live in places that don't care about weed (Ca, Wa.Canada) the folks in the lower states always fly and they also tell me horror stories about how the people are highly regulated where they live but big business like pill companies and tobacco aren't very regulated. They are terrified of getting caught. Getting caught with half a joint kept me out of the military when I was young. I was in the county jail in San Antonio for weeks just for being in a car that had roaches in the ash tray.

My favorite weed food recipe. Bratwurst!! Don't forget to decarboxylate before cooking the greens. I love the music in this. I recorded it all in one take.

It's related to that gross line Trump used calling Mexican immigrants rapists. It's the old "sleeping with your white women scare" When they were outlawing Cannabis they used to scare folks by saying "Ya don't want your white wives raped by a black jazz musician all hopped up on the marijuanas do you?" It worked like a charm and W.R.Hurst didn't have to compete with hemp as a material for printing his newspapers. He owned lots of trees.


https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/29/marijuana-name-cannabis-racism

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.