Tuesday, July 24, 2018

bikelightcultcrew

Saw J Ari Sindel at a lit up bike ride last night. We made some new friends joining a lit up bike ride. 
We were itching for another big roll even though we have been doing that all day and every day for months. At first we missed the start. 
Then Olive decided "we can find them" so Olive "the ride whisperer" did find them.
 I was so impressed with her scouting prowess. We were all happy to see each other. Everyone is jumping in the river in this shot. As I started reading the scene an unsettling picture emerged in my carny mind. Is this a cult? First off, they didn't know who we were. When I asked people where they were from they said "out of town" (hmmm). Everyone was over the top attractive and seemingly interested in what we had to say. That was odd. Immediately they made three points of contact with us and collected a lot of information from everyone. 

They were nice. I wasn't judging. I'm just a hustler who is always decoding hustles. It's our civic duty to understand what was going on. We had a lovely ride in what Ari was calling "The opioid tour" we happened to go all the places that junkies hung out. That was great proof they were from out of town. Lots of hooting and hollering while us locals were on heightened states of awareness. At the drum circle a man from that crowd got really touchy with Olive. 

She was and still is pretty angry about that. She was so shocked she missed her chance to slug the guy. We moved on down the river holding hands and enjoying our new cult friends. We connected with several of the folks on the ride and liked them. It ended under a bridge with a fun dance party. The ride leader was very charismatic and accommodating.

 As we were leaving I was glad Ari was gonna hang around collecting counter intelligence. Then the ride leader gave me a beer. 

I don't drink but I kept it as a souvenir. That's when Olive relayed her opinion. She liked my conclusions but added her own in a great way. I actually liked her conclusion better than mine. She said College people are (like cults) very organized, charismatic, collect info to perpetuate events, look very attractive and come from out of town. We were rolling with college folks. Ahhhh that's plausible. They mentioned doing the ride again soon. If they call us I will let ya know how to join the cult. 

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.