Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Austin in the house

I live in a 1922 bungalow that rents two bangin' rooms out to Air B&something...Every few days we meet new forks from everywhere-elsistan and do what we do.
Last week was a couple from my home state.
I hit it off with the fellow right away as he had just been on a pot safari all over town and we had something to talk about right off. We sat in the dark on the front porch for hours, watching the people walk by, smelling the flowers and talking about our favorite places in Austin.

It was great to talk to a metro-texan because that made it easier to tell him about places in town he would like and how to navigate.
One of my favorite attributes of Austin is something that can be found many places in Texas.
The smell of pecan trees and river rocks...and dirt.
Those smells have been intoxicating to me my whole life.
I was pleased to hear about the Austin bike scene and the happinin' things going on there.
He gave me the lay of the land too as my Austin referenced were dated (1990s).
Austin is a magical place to me because I was never there in bad company.
I was always with people I adored so I see the place as a gem in my mind.

The last day for the Texans came. We were filming something out front as we said goodbye.
We are single serving friends so this time I had no idea what the dude looked like nor he, me.
We had only sat in the dark exploring each others heads and roasting bowls. It was funny seeing him in the light and realizing he didn't look like who my imagination thought he looked like (close but no cookie), He was surprised too with wide eyes "What are you doing on that huge frikkin bike!!!???"

No comments: