Saturday, April 28, 2018

be respectful


Riding my bike around a corner a few days ago some dude standing there said "Hey clown, bet you get to meet a lot of bitches." 
Me: "So far just you."
 I don't know how that landed but I hope it hit him in the junk. 

The irony of course is that fellas who call themselves "Incel" are actually quite voluntarily celibate. They don't have to be untouchable.
Dudes who treat women with empathy, respect and kindness get shagged six ways to Sunday...or so I hear.

Sometimes when we do personal appearances a Dad will say something degrading or sexist to his wife. Then he looks at me nodding his head and laughing like I'm s'posed to agree with him. 
My smile is painted on but what I'm thinking is "i hope you bite your lip on that slipNslide later.



To be fair my wife calls me "bitches" almost every day we leave the house. 
She says "OK Let's go bitches" even though I'm the only other person in the room.
 It's a callback from when she was a hardcore baller in High school.
 That was the way she motivated her basketball team (ever notice she walks into rooms with head held high, that's because she is used to being hard to stop) so when she needs to motivate me (or my son and I) that's what she says. 
My son once asked me a very fair question. 
"Why does she keep calling us Bitches Dad?"

Hey! Like what we do?
Maybe you are in a place to throw down for the clowns. 
Here is our donation page. WooHoo!
http://oliveanddingo.com/donate/

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.