Thursday, March 08, 2018

It's a great town to be a clown.

t.b.t. bloodless coup.

My sideshow acts that involved bleeding got less valuable after i quit drinking.
The big punchline to "the bowling ball drop" wasn't that I was playing banjo while some unsuspecting punter from the crowd drops a bowling ball on me.
The biggest laugh was when the stack of plates cut me and the audience volunteer gets berated by the ringmaster "Why did you break our clown?"
HA! What a riot. The thing is, when I quit drinking my blood got considerably thicker.
When I stopped bleeding it made it look like one or all of the elements in my acts were fake.
That's how part of my old routine became extinct.
Easy come, easy go. It was an easy transition to go from feral, treehugger, radical clownarchist protesting in the streets, getting tear gassed and shot with riot cop pellet guns to performing in nightclubs. It was kinda the same level of comfort and discomfort.
The reason I searched the country so long for a home was because I was looking for the perfect city to grow in.
Portland has let me do nice shows for kids and naughtyish shows for adults (often on the same day), as well as doing what I can to save the world since 1997.
We are just as comfortable at a 3 year olds birthday as we are at Dante's during fleet week.
It's all rock n roll in Puddletown, they don't seem to mind. It's a great town to be a clown.

No comments: