Saturday, January 20, 2018

I forgot how much I liked doing the garage sale thing.

I forgot how much I liked doing the garage sale thing.
 It was a great way to make up for some of the gigs we lost when we were sick but it was also culturally enriching.
I love garage sale relationships, they are unique.
These interactions start out with haggling.
First we haggle, then after the deal is struck, we put away our guns and connect as people.
I never get bored of that.
Clowns are diplomats. We are supposed to connect with folks in profound ways.
It's funny to watch "garage sale" happen with clowns in the mix.
It was funny that we constantly had to tell Olive that everything can't only be a dollar.
Anytime someone asked "How much?" Olive would say "A Dollaah!" with a smile.
We didn't just want to sell things, we wanted people to enjoy buying things from us. We wanted folks to have the story about getting a great deal at the clownz garage sale.
still...
We had to keep reminding Olive that if everything was a dollar we would have to throw 50 more garage sales and there just isn't time.

No comments: