Monday, September 04, 2017

I just overheard our little boy and his buddy talking about the man who killed himself by running into the fire at Burning man.

That gave me a nice teachable moment.
Pondering why, was cool but none of my beeswax.
If that is how the man wanted to go then good for him, beats expiring someplace dreadful under unpleasant situations.
I would be joining him if "going back home" meant going anywhere in the state of Oklahoma (sorry OK.).

I get it.

Still kind of a dic move though to the other fest goers. Bigtime party foul.
Mostly I wanted the boys to understand and fully appreciate the fire crew.
They weren't intending to run into the fire but didn't hesitate to do what they train for.
What badasses.
I hope they made it out alright, I didn't see much about them in the report I read.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.