Sunday, June 14, 2015

Fun footage from "The Behemoth's" side camera during the lit and loud ride.



I love all the sounds on this video so much. I make videos not as shows but like a window. I like documenting our cities landscape, culture and traditions. It's important in a world that is so subject to change. It's date night for Olive and Dingo, we decided to meet tons of folks at Irving park for the loud and lit bike ride.

Just a little late night jaunt with thousands of friends.
People from all quadrants of town filtered into the park like tiny rivers. Then we lay in the grass, take it in, and shake our booties until time to migrate en mass.
It was great night for a ride, not too hot, lots of darkness to be lit up and loud in. There were bikes and lights as far as the eye could see in both directions. We thought we were in the middle but waiting for some long moments we still could see no end. Some car people got a bit grumpy but most waved, smiled, high fived us, one group of women standing outside a bistro even proudly displayed their chesticles as we passed. Impressive, I would do that if I had those too I bet.
Some may say "Isn't blasting music late at night and delaying traffic kind of obnoxious"?
I will give you that, it can be very obnoxious...but not nearly as obnoxious as a freeway. The hood is dead quiet, them amazingly lit and loud, then quiet again. That's just a tiny fraction of the obnoxiousness of a 24-7 freeway and with 0% of the asbestos particles (from brake pads) and toxic fuel fumes (from tail pipes). Now that is what I call value.

Big thanks to Jon Dutch and Brian Sysfail for working this grand party out. Great seeing Kamikazi Karl riding Pac Man and all the folks who went all out to deck those bikes and wagons out.  Big ups to all our friends who demonstrated great cycling skills while tightly packed. I hope you guys enjoy this. oliveanddingo.com

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.