Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I bet I would sell more Oranges than balloons doing this...

While Olive sits at a table doing Legal research I'm out poking and prodding methods to find our windfall.
This day was slow. To make sure we stay on top I had to resort to a crummy tactic I hate... "engaging uninterested parties" thats bad but it works. The only thing is it's too close to begging to be any fun and too much work to think I'm getting away with something.See me? I'm in this image hawking swords across the street.
People think I can do lots of balloons...that is an illusion. It looks like I do a bunch of different ones because I do a lot of them.
Olive and I can fill an entire rock concert with balloons that are the colors of the band...but they are mostly just straight long ones. Olive is the artist....I'm a huckster.


The truth is I can only do a few simple shapes... I'm just betting that I can convince you that you want the ones I can do.
I was paying so much attention to my Blue/White color scheme that I accidentally fumbled the punctuation on my sign. One Oclock Dollars?
I didn't notice until I posted this pic on Facebook and Endi saw it and made a comment.
So 21 people in the hour I had this sign thought they were buying a balloon sword from (I'm guessing) a retarded person.

I don't mind not making much money because I'm only gathering information in a tough place that I wouldn't want Olive in anyway.
I'm looking for a red light thats long enough to make a $3 balloon animal, looking to see if and when the passing cars want a balloon. I'm looking for shade, parking, support from local shops and I would LOVE to put the Homebums who dwell on corners out of business.
If there is a $400 a day corner in Portland I want to be the first to find it!

Like what we do? Here is our virtual tip jar

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.