Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lippman's Liked us!

They welcomed us into the fold after we led a bike ride called "Pedal Balloonza". We have been buying a lot of balloons from them lately and we are starting to get to know them.
This event is another great example of Lippman's really taking care of customers.
We met at 3 and spent an hour decorating bikes with the little kids. I'm not great at balloons so a kid called Andy and Olive Rootbeer pumped (pun) those balloons out! I was the leader and D.J. I'm better at talking and doing little stunts for the kids so I posed for photos and filled the air with Ska music.

Before we left the house I had programed 15 or so kid songs and mostly wordless techno music.
They loved the music bike and Lippman's gave it a ginormus happy faced balloon.
When we started the ride I really gave the sound system some juice and the crowd pulled out into the street.Happy healthy people rolling!
We made our way down Water Street to the Esplanade dancing, yelling and cheering.
I was soon surrounded by 5 or so eight year olds. They rode in a tight formation around my tall bike like dolphins. They did this a lot of the way I was impressed!
The little kids took FOREVER and the bigger kids were far ahead so I was glad to be able to see far from my tall bike.
Lots of little kids did really well for the length of the ride. Three little kids shot ahead and found themselves staring at some home bums who were yelling questions at them. " Whats dis all about?" they didn't say a word and as soon as I caught up we left. GOOD JOB don't talk to strangers. Portland LOVED us. People cheered us at all points and as soon as we got back large drops of rain begun splashing all around. I felt like we crossed a finish line just in time!
I love surrounding myself with winners.
Thanks Lippman's!

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.