Monday, February 22, 2010

When I was in the Cardin Circus all the equipment had wooden boxes to move in.


In my jankey ass circus we put the stuff in an unmarked vehicle or pile it on the big bikes ("see ya after the show dear").

My old banjo can take anything...you can use it to row your boat if ya had to... but the other stuff?
The Popcorn machine for one hates all the travel time every day. That thing is designed to stay put for long periods. It would like living in a gas station.
Anything that doesnt fit in a red bucket is getting hammered by all the loading and unloading.
I could slim down the operation but then how the hell would I be able to blame the equipment when things go wrong?
This is a problem that requires Magic, Science and careful planning to resolve itself...so here is what I'm conjuring today...

I will become semi permanent, happy and healthy for the Spring summer season without trashing all my gear.

I need to put the stuff up permanently or find a big truck for it to live in.
Trucks are for touring, they stink, they are expensive and they don't hide well.
I don't want a truck for Hawthorne street it's a nightmare to even park a tall bike.
Renting a spot isn't an option...you don't rebuild a fortune by writing a lot of rent checks.

Like what we do? Donation bucket!
I hope you are working on your Windfall today.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.