Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Multinomah County Bike fair 2009

















Most of my photos are taken while things are still getting underway, during the action, I'm usually too busy to snap photos.

Jousting!


I have never seen a society so into name dropping itself.
Some Portland bike gangs will have clever names or huge banners but not actually do anything.
The Drop Out Bike Club was in charge of this event and they did a magnificent job.
It was funny to see a guy with the space on his back thats the shape of the Drop Out back patch...I guess he got kicked out?
Dutch was the man at the helm and he did really well considering everyone was getting marching orders from him.
This is Bump with a Drop Out logo drawn on...I wonder how he bent his arms back like that?

6 eyed Tim Tim pregnant with green gut baby conceived in the Col.Sumner's park bathroom GO TIM TIM WOOOOOOOOOO!

This thing makes coffee as well as does sound.

Where the magic happens...behind all those people is my "office".





It was like working with an old friend...the Spin Cycle that is...

Why are all of our events so full of sulfur?

Trust me, this stuff we do could land you in the hospital.
Sage was doing the Chicken Joust (thats jousting on the shoulders of another person.
His head it pavement hard and I really hope he is ok.




This is "Toy Cascade"letting everyone know whats going on.

Great day for the fair!
Sage I'm praying for ya man!
click the above title for more photos.

5 comments:

Meccanico di Veno said...

Bump really has DROP OUT tattooed on his back, he has had the outline for months. It looks like the green is fresh, and scabby.

Hanna said...

I find that to be a rather harsh judgment of the young lady who happened to step in front of your camera. I have been at the same gatherings as her a number of times and I have never found her to be rude, inconsiderate, or stinky. Maybe she was having an off day, or had partied too hard the night before or something, but maybe if you had kindly asked her to move out of the way of your shot, I'm pretty sure she would have!

Dingo Dizmal said...

I hear ya Hanna and I know I come off like a real prick sometimes.
I'm sure she is a fine lady when she is sober but in reality I cared WAY more for the little kid who had her cig in his face.
I didn't care about the camera shot at all, it was just the moment caught on film was a perfect example of how shitty it is to be around wet brained drunks.
Tha last thing I want to do is bug you Hanna, I respect you a great deal.
It's just that the soggy drunks from yesteryear are ruining the events all over...that's why I hardly ever show up and never bring my kids.

Did you see how those drunk assholes ruined the clowns act?
They were doing a skit with fake booze and two alcoholic fucknuts ran out and interrupted the act turning it into a sad booze commercial.

I'm not concerned with being popular and I know that speaking my mind can get me punched in the head but I can't help it Hanna.

Hanna said...

I completely respect all that you have done for the bike community and Portland fun in general. I am glad that you have a forum that you utilize to be honest and speak your mind, and thank you replying to my comment in a courteous manner :)

Unknown said...

Dingo! much thanks for doing some MCing and all the rest of the fun you brought.

Not that its particularly important, but the Dropouts only managed the tall bike jousting part of the event. The north freak collective, and all its friends were primarily responsible for the majority of the bike events however.

Thanks again! and sorry if I get a bit rude, but it was alot on my plate and its all still pretty new to me.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.