Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I rode the new circus bike into the ground...but it's a good thing

This bike is called "The Party" it just came together last week for use in this summer season of bike rodeos, parades, festivals and all the other stuff we get hired out to do.

Toaster designed this model after I asked him to beef up the next tall bike frame to better carry the load of heavy use.
His other three bikes in our fleet are some of the best built and longest riding tall bikes in Portland.

After Toaster delivered the frame, we put it together and had my kid try it out.....gREAT RIDE!
I painted it and then used it for a week, I usually ride very tenderly but this bike is new and we don't know what it can do.
Is it a jumper?
I do know it can track forward and be ridden no handed.
It likes long jumps and slow stops, it's really fast down hills.
It's silent but has four colored lights that make patterns on the road.
I love this bike, I can't wait to see who becomes a star on it.
I rode it until the crank and pedal arm broke off!
By then one tire was scraping the front fork and the back tire was flat.

The frame is still unscathed, I just need some new components.
so today It rolled off with my two friends who had time and desire to take The Party to city bikes for all new "Heaver duty" parts.

Thanks Bil and CJ, I would go but I'm home schooling the yungins today.

1 comment:

kbclark said...

You have awesome friends.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.