Tuesday, April 21, 2009

happy 420!


Well...let me tell ya how my noggin works...
I sold a little rubber chicken painting last night, fer 45 bucks.
She wrote me a check and it put it into my grubby little pocket and was happy.
The next day (this morning) everyone is telling me "Happy Four Twenty" and smoking weed with me before I even have a cup of coffee down my neck! In the park, in the streets...
the whole South East of Portland went to pot today, I love this town.
So I thought "Damn it's a holiday and the banks are closed"...I really wanted to cash that check so I could get some stash of my own.
I should have gone to the bank, I realized later that they may not observe the same holidays or subscribe to the same religion that my friends and I do.
Y'know what I like about Portland? Everybody smokes weed if they can..well not EVERYBODY but more people and more kinds of people than any other city I know.
I have smoked with old couples, high brass, grease monkeys and students, lawyers and grocers, portland loves weed, it's currency to some.
Another funny thing (and this might only be happening in my small circle of a few thousand friends) if someone breaks out any drug other than weed they are risking being hated, distrusted, ostracized and rebuked!
A guy asked me if I knew where to get him some powder..ooooooooh I was HOT!
I hate that stuff, powder drugs both legal and illicit are BAD yall.
When that guy asked for that mess I thought of the thousands of innocent victims of hard drugs EEEeeew!
I only have to suspect someone is on that stuff to never roll with them again.
Do I think weed should be legal?
No.
I don't want it legal, I just want it decriminalized.
If you need it grow it, if you don't like growing things buy it from some one who does, if you can make fuel out of it MAKE FUEL!
I don't want it legal though...I want it left alone!
Do you think I want the demons who bring us tobacco to have cannabis too? No frikkin way, leave that medicine for our people...it can be our "thing".
I can't believe that banks were "unregulated" and yet weed is "controlled"!

1 comment:

kbclark said...

I was talking with my boss yesterday when I looked at my clock and noticed it was 4:20. With longing, I said "I can only imagine how SE Portland smells right now." ...then I had to explain my comment to my boss. Ooooooooops!

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.