Thursday, April 16, 2009

from Heather Maharry School Secretary...

Hi, everybody - you're getting this email because you're all artists I know, have worked with, or done events with. As many of you know, I'm a school secretary at a NE Portland school. We are preparing for the Village Building Convergence, and part of our events for that festival will be a couple of murals on some ugly portable buildings.

Here's the trick - it's basically an unpaid gig, so it might be better for someone who's just getting started. We will showcase your work, and give you as much exposure as we can, but I'm sure you've all heard about the budget. We are preferably looking for someone who could meet with our student advisory committee during the day, and help organize the kids' ideas and turn those ideas into a design to be transferred to the buildings, which they will then paint under supervision. The actual labor will be taking place in June.

Let me know if you might be interested, and I'll put you in touch with the right people. Our student advisers meet on Wednesdays around noon. If you are not interested, but know someone who might be, please forward this email to them! Thanks, & keep on creating!


Heather Maharry
School Secretary
Rigler School

2 comments:

wendy said...

Please check your regular old fashion email. I'm covering my bases here.

kbclark said...

She might try posting this on the craigslist "creative gigs" section. I, for one, check that particular site once an hour. Unfortunately (no really) I have a day job that would prevent me from participating in this particular project.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.