Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The phone rang,

The phone rang, I was 10 feet up on Broadzilla (a tall bike) in the air riding down Yamhill street to where my house bike was parked.
I was headed to a gig on the other side of town so I was in a hurry.
I answered the phone and it was an employee of Walgreens, WTF?
"Hi This is ****ch** from Wallgreens, I had a question, Do you have a partner in your show?"
"No not really I went solo last month why?"
"The another shift worker left a message, a woman was in, a blonde woman, she was developing photos of you and claiming it was her show, is this right? is there a copyright issue?"
"Um...no theres no problem, it's ok, but Thanks for looking out for old Dingo!"

WOW! that was cool, Walgreens has thier stuff nailed, dialed and in style, thanks yall, sure glad you read my blog!
Hats off to you for looking out, the copyright stuff is clearly written on all the reciepts and posted on the wall, it's a big deal to some.
I hung up and made a mental note to do something nice for them and soon!
I went to my "Inner wild one" and asked what the balanced way to feel about this issue, (I have gotten a lot more ferral since living in a 24 hour life survival mode) I hear stuff like this a lot.
I can only hope to be the best man I can be, so I try and be nice and fair.
I got into position, activated my temple and quickly an image of a Cicada bug..or actually the shell of one.
For those who don't know, a Cicada bug lives underground for 18 years and then one summer night it climbes out from underground, sheds it's skin and hangs in the air drying it's wings, in this time they are vulnerable, a lot of them are eaten, only the strong and lucky live on to sing loudly, fly, and fuck eachother all night until they all die of old age or become bird food in September.
Behind they leave shells of the former bug, made of thin ectoderm.
In my vision, I saw a spider touting such a shell while running to the web.
The real bug just had a teriffic breakfast date this morning.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.