Thursday, April 17, 2008

Today my kid turns 10


Happy birthday RPM!
(tearing up)10 years little girl, and what a fine young woman you have become, I'm so proud of you.
You are funny, strong, athletic, smart, you can do math better than me and you have never been to jail.
I loved the day you asked me what a "Wallmart" was .
Now the thought of waking up TWO bus rides away from my baby every day is an anguish that I wouldn't want visited on any parent.
For your first four years or so, the two of us were together 24-7, you taught me how to settle down, you saved me from jail and alcoholism, you tought me how to use my manliness for things I never thought possible.
And your brother...well we love him.
I love you little girl and we are gonna have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations. wait is that a word. No? oh i ment, Congratulations!

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.