Thursday, January 24, 2008

Punk house (click here)


Here of the book "Punk House"?
A nice lady named Abby came by during the hight of the Clown House on Alberta days and published a book about houses like mine.
I hear about her book all over town and as short as a dog's life is, I'm so glad she preserved a lasting image of my dog Banjo Dizmal.
She tells me there will be a news story in a Portland paper about the book and she wants me to do the interview.
I better remember to keep it positive, it will be hard to keep from mentioning that the landlord ripped us off so bad, maybe I can find a funny way to tell on him.
she wrote:
".> hi Dingo,a paper in the portland area wants to interview someone who
> > 'lives in a punk house' or is in this book of photo's. i thought of you,
> > would you be interested in being interviewed? if so, can you e-mail me
> > your phone number and i can pass it along to them?~abby
Dingo,
thank you so much! i'm happy to hear that you like the book!
i think your positive attitude towards the project is so important, because you are part of it! i think that is a strong message. i think just saying how you feel about the book is good. i have no clue what they will ask you. they may want to know about all the wonderful activities you all had going on there.
i remember hearing about a 'clown' house from people in portland i met, and we kept asking around until someone gave us directions to your house, and we knocked on the door, if i recall correctly, met you & several other folks (and banjo) in the house and hung out all afternoon. i took photo's and we asked (we being tim and I) you questions about the house and about your lives. just refreshing my memory.
anywhoos, here's my number in case you want to call me (802) 258-7218
i'll forward your number to maya at the publishing company (abrams) who can set up a good time for you and the news paper person.
thank you dingo,
abby

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.