Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I saw a truck and max train collision.

I was going to "Outside In" for S.T.D. testing (I was negative for H.I.V.) I was near I-5 when a truck mis judged how far it was in the path of a Max Train.
I was on the other side of the street on my Tall Bike 10 foot or so in the air, I saw the whole thing.
First from my vantage point I did the math and determined that something wasn't gonna fit, then BAM-tinkle-CRASH the first mirror on the train hit the truck and rained glass and metal onto the street.
The driver must have known something was up but may have been helpless to do anything about it, maybe they didn't want to block the intersection.
Bam- crash , bam- crash bam crash all the mirrors and armatures that hang off the train got creamed.
Then SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! as the trains side scraped across the truck and then a few more mirrors.
The train stopped on the other side of the intersection and the truck drove off.
WTF? I took off after him, I went from being amused to pissed off, I like watching things break but hit and run on the Max?
F you buddy, don't think so, He had to have seen me keeping up with him, maybe he was finding a place to pary but eventually he did pull over and I already had his plates.
He may hit and run a bike for all I know, I was mad.
My favorite part was that I got involved even though it was none of my buissness hee hee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROCK ON! I love to hear stories of Bike Justice, especially if defenseless public transportation icons are involved.

Anonymous said...

DiTTO. . . .that scofflaw better watch out for your author-i-tay!!!

maybe Portland PO-Lice should invest in tall bikes to see more krime? ;D

ljacts said...

Damn straight Dingo, that's awsome. Hit and run on a Max train. That's low. People do wierd things when they get that panik on.

Hope that you are well,
Lynn
PS. I'm up to my neck in alligators taking an advanced spanish grammar class and along with five others, but I'm loving it.

A shout out from the Atl for my texican clown friend.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.