Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Portland Mercury

Yay!
Laurie from the Portland Mercury called the house yesterday asking if she can take some photos of us for the next issue.
She said she didn't know what they wanted so she would have to get back to me.
She called back and said that her editor just wanted some shots of fun being had.
Lucky for all of us we were already having fun.
I told her that we don't work for free and she would need to bring tribute if she wants any shots of us.
She delivered!


She brought us matches, old calenders, a sticker, two beers (i don't drink but i do bribe) and four oven mitts!
I'm sold!
As some of you know, our show has found the plague of romance that has rendered some of our people useless if not obsolete.
When it came time for the shoot, none of my people were per paired and Caff had a screaming baby to contend with.
As it happened the yard had attracted a few attractive ladies who were hanging out being attractive.
I asked them to join me by rolling around on stupid bikes while I played a song called "Corn Nut Breath."
It was so lovely, doing the shot with them and then eventually doing some tricks with Banjo Dog and Caffeine Jones.
I asked the ladies if they would come back on the fourth so I can paint cave drawings on their butts. Romance don't have to ruin your career, it can punctuate it.
They more than accepted my indecent proposal, Caff is pretty amused and I think I can count on Bizzy Bawdy to take the still photos.
She took the pics above and a lot of the ones on this site.

My favorite part about the shwag the Portland Mercury sent us is the oven mitts, boy did it suck making out Dawg Snax wheat free dog treats without mitts, it's been two years!!!!


1 comment:

Dingo Dizmal said...

That article seemed kind of crappy, I never have been to burning man and I don't drink.
They didn't have many nice things to say about us...tooo bad.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.