Thursday, July 12, 2007

toast

Oh toast!
I just had one of those rollercoaster rides where I have a day full of rockstar fun and then the next day sucks eggs.
It thankfully wasn't “getting it on” that broke my stride or the bike wreck that though freaky, didn't result in injury.
I had too much ice cream and sweets, so the next day GALL ATTACK!
I couldn't stay still, couldn't move, I just spent hours going between bed, other bed, hot shower, yard.
I was miserable, the sun was beating down on me this morning and i was freezing cold.
My youngest kid didn't care about my problem, he cried as he always does when he wants us to know how bored he is, lucky for me it was just the horror show I needed to inspire puking, when it came it was a real buster, my nose felt like a potato cannon.
Soon Caff offered a pill, I never liked pills or powder drugs of any kind but I was falling apart.
Before I took the pill (some over the counter concoction), she held my hand in a deliberate way and soon my gullet pain subsided.
“You witchy harpy!” i said, “what voodoo is this?”
“Pressure point that regulates the stomach.”
To that, The bike problems i had felt like nothing,
we have a gig this Friday night for Trimet in Clackamass,
I wanted to be sharp for the gig because it's a high flying type clown gig so I was practicing a lot.
Well, I went to turn around so I could once again attempt a difficult maneuver and suddenly had half my handlebar in my hand.
The handlebars broke in half and I was 8 feet in the air and moving fast.
The thing to do in situations such as this is to stay calm.
I reached down and grabbed the dangling end on the handlebar that has my back break and slowly deployed it, I was close to home.
I count that as a good thing, better then than on show day.
I do preflight checks nowadays, I think my rig is fit for trips.
One thing that will muss up a guy on a tall bike...is suprize, we hate suprizes when we are fast movin.
I have a new diet because of the whole Gall thing, it's real and I know it.
Caffeine is so rad, she knows so much about the body and she loves me so I'm on the way to better health.
I'm the only one here that eats crap so all the right food is already leying around.
At about 5 pm I came out of the sickness, I brought the radio, amp and guitar out into the yard, played lots of songs and hung out with my 9 year old.
I just got back from nice ride on my tall bike with someone I'm crazy about, ate good and for a sick day, I'm doing pretty damn well.

No comments: