Sunday, July 15, 2007

fluck

Well thats over, two all ages shows this weekend.
First was the big Tri Met to do, it was crazy.
First we had to drive because the gig was really far away.
We commisioned three cars and piled bikes on them.
Portland got a huge kick out of seeing three car loads of clowns barreling across town playing trumpets and banjo.
We got there just as a guy was wrapping up his speech under a big tent.
They had burritos and drinks being served at some tables, everyone had just done a huge bike ride and they were all haggard looking.
I got on my bike and could tell they were exited to see us approaching.
We had quite a few more people than we needed (some work hard, some have fun, we needed the hard workers) so the dough got stretched a bit more than I would have liked but we did have some fun.
One guy who really showed brightly was Slim Chance from Circus Mutate, he is a master and every year I look forward to working with him.
We did the gig, this time Bizzy Bawdy took the “collateral damage” role by being the one who takes all the punishment.
I threw a chain during the Joust but Slim took over well by jousting with his unicycle.
He gave me a patch with a unicycle on it and the words “One Less Bike” on it.
Now, a very cute young lady had come by and made a deal with me to store her van here at the Clown House for the weekend, it's $30 off our bills.
Turns out I had my friend park a van in my driveway as tweaker repellent so I couldn't get her van on my property.
I ended up spending the whole weekend so far driving the damn thing around to different parking spots just so it won't get ticketed for it's expired tags.
OK so I spent the last many many years avoiding riding in cars and now I've spent hours in them and even drove a lot.
It was fun but the guilt is amazing, I hate having a carbon footprint thats uglier than my biggest wart.
Next day was the Mississippi street fair and parade.
Caffeine and I are always up early regardless of when we go to bed because of the kids.
We got on bikes and the few of us who could rode down there.
I really wish they would have asked us to work out the parade, we do this a lot and what they had was clearly a cluster-fluck for sure.
The parade didn't have anyone up front with a bull horn so the parade was basically a slow moving mob of strollers and screaming brats (at least a block worth) and some bikes, running into a bunch of A-holes.
A lady at one point blocked Chlorine as she paraded past and screamed at her “You got a lot of nerve coming to this hood!”and blamed her for the gentrification on Mississippi ave.
It was hard to work so hard for such awful people and not get any credit, it's ok, new folks, and some old friends were there, they rocked, and for the most part we had a good time as long as we avoided the entire south side of Mississippi ave.
We made quite a few friends for the Circus Works building and I think thats gonna be big when it comes up.
Now I'm gonna continue my search for new digs.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.