Sunday, July 22, 2007

absoulute music

I just got my mind blown and It wasn't expected.
Sometimes I need a pocket full of lit fireworks to get me motivated, I'm jaded to say the least.
I re-found absoulute music interpreted in pictures.
I picked up a battered copy of Fantasia (1940) that had been
sitting out in the rain for weeks during a garage sale gone bad episode.
I threw it in and I'm glad I was sitting down because I would have fell down.
Toccata and Fugue in D Minor poured out of my office telivision.
Chills ran down my spine like only the color of music can induce.
I couldn't believe that someone made such a film.
I can't believe J.S. Bach wrote the score, that's time travel.
Every note of Toccata and Fugue in D Minor I can reacall at will, since childhood, this and about ten others have been my pass out of reality.
I would hate to be guilty of pimping Disney crap, i hear they only want your money, but sheesh a garage sale??? Get the tape for a quarter and hear the Nut cracker.
It's interesting to see some characatures in this movie that today would be considered racist, it's funny to me.
I want to tell you more but I'm overwhelmed, I think I'm gonna take this few moments between having to do productive stuff to close my eyes and watch this movie.

1 comment:

Dingo Dizmal said...

I got to see three quarters of the movie before it broke.
That sucked!
I'm going to go out and rent it.
oooh a bird just flew into the room.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.