Saturday, June 23, 2007

Bike fair today!!!!!

Come see the fair, lots of stuff to do.
MULTNOMAH COUNTY BIKE FAIR
SE 20th and Belmont (Col. Summers Park)
2:00pm - 7:00pm
Competitions and crafts.
Music and mayhem.
Beer and bruises...

MCBF is the catastrophic culmination of 2+ weeks of Pedalpalooza bike fun. Bring your friend. Bring your bike. Bring your sunscreen. Bring your camera. Bring your best game. Bring your bandages. Bring your bike fun.

Heres a look at some of my hectic morning, I wrote to stave off some stress, it's all better now.


I'm sticking myself in sensory deprivation for a sec.
(10:26 am}
It's the day of the fair, I woke up to the sound of screaming kids, bright lights and the smell of things that come out of people.
My oldest has lice again so that puts my partner C.J. out of commission for most of the morning, thats a crippling development, I need her help. Most of the peole milling around are way more into congratulating themselves than actually helping out. The Clown House is a ghost of what it once was.
The boy is just a baby with some lungs and no appreciation for the big show or dad's nerves,I handed him off to some boarders that are staying here and gave them my last money, it didn't help, he still screamed at me as I worked and that shrill noise breaks me down to a pool of quivering frustration. Thanks for the no-help Friends...I took him back, kissed my money goodbye and as hard as it is, I love him but i gave him to a very busy Caffeine Jones.
Being the boss of the show means I'm getting asked the same question over and over again, I have to make hard decisions and also I gotta do it with some kind of politeness even when I want to throw the person I'm talking to in front of a speeding school bus.
I have to chase the dog and kids while trying to put on a class act, secure props, tell the crew what to do and write the show it's stress city.
I'm locked in the office of the Clown House and tried to calm down.
Looking around I'm reminded that this one of the last times I will be able to retreat here, we have to move away from my sanctuary, that isn't very stress relieving after all.
I closed the shades, put on some Bach on harpsichord, had a bowl of 1000 temples and waited for the aspirin to kick in (i NEVER take any kind of pill or powder drug, this is just a big headache).
My mind was still moving too fast so I had to write to you and show you why my smile has to be painted on.
(1:00pm}
Helpful people have shown up... well both useful people as well as useless folks and all the satellite people who follow them, just the sheer number of people means things are working out after all.
Most of my problems have melted away so far and I feel a bit stupid for being so mad.
The props are loaded, the children are off on a rare adventure with a blood relative(C.J.s sister THANK YOU!!!!!)we have BBQ stuff to sell and trade and a lot of talent.
Wish us luck!
*Like what we do? Donation bucket!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and after all that you put up with our OLCC-induced ID poopstorm at the Fair. You put on a great show. The crowd loved it. Many, many thanks.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.