Thursday, May 03, 2007

this may sound cryptic...

Iv'e been painting a rubber chicken piece that deals with Olde Egypt.
I took a bunch of hyroglyphic symbols, half out of my head and some from books and the net, and splashed them on a canvas that Iv'e painted to look like papyrus.
After a few days work I slapped more symbols on and stepped back a bit to see how the paint was sticking.
Well , from that vantage point I actually could see them in order and read them.
That was messed up, it was word soup, I can't just mess up those people's language like that.
I had to research, re-write and rearrange what was said to tell the story about a drought near the temple, all without erasing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

if you like Olde Egypt- try Olde Egypt HG with twice the preservatives!

Workforf_ood.livejournal.com

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.